What is Alcohol Poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning is one of the effects that may derive from drinking an excessive amount of alcohol within a short-period of time. Alcohol poisoning can be a result of binge drinking; the use of five or more drinks in a short period of time. When we binge drink this way, or drink too excessively for our own methods, the liver can’t process most of the alcohol that’s been taken into the system fast enough. This causes the excess alcohol to become released into the blood-stream, which in turn flows to the brain, affecting the neurochemistry. This could affect many functions in the body. A lot of alcohol can lead to the suppression of 1 or more vital systems, including the respiratory system, because alcohol is actually a depressant. Alcohol is generally metabolized in the liver at the rate of one ounce every 90 minutes. This might be the same of a two-ounce mixed drink, one beer or perhaps a regular-size glass of wine. This is actually the rate a healthy liver functions. Any kind of liver disease will be able to metabolize alcohol far more slowly.

Alcohol accumulation can cause respiratory failure, liver failure, or heart failure, and represses natural reflexes. As an example, many people with alcohol poisoning are so intoxicated that they don’t have a gag re-flex, which may lead them to asphyxiate independently vomit if they regurgitate while they are unconscious.

What’s alcohol poisoning? Just how do we recognize it? What do we do when we recognize it? There are numerous different symptoms the period to an incident of alcohol poisoning. These symptoms might include:

* Confusion and stupor

* Vomiting

* Seizures

* Slowed breathing or irregular breathing

* Skin that becomes blue-tinged or soft

* Lowered human body heat, also hypothermia

* Unconsciousness with little to no success of awakening

If these symptoms are observed in someone you know, you should seek medical assistance immediately. Alcohol accumulation therapy includes breathing service and administration of fluids and vitamins to get rid of alcohol in the system.

Until medical attention arrives, it’s vital that you keep anyone with liquor poisoning if they’re awake sitting in one place. Do not provide them with coffee or caffeine as this leads to further contamination. Give water to them if they can take it. If they’re passed out, turn them on their side; don’t allow them to lie on their backs.

Sufficiently high levels of alcohol in the blood could cause coma or death. Acute alcohol poisoning is considered a medical emergency.

Posted in Naltrexone For Addiction  |  Leave a comment

Leave a reply